Canceling transactions and returning products
By law, all purchasers of a product in a remote transaction, such as through a website, may cancel the transaction in accordance with the provisions of the 1981 Consumer Protection Act (hereafter the “Consumer Protection Law”) excluding A product costing over USD 1,000 and A product tailor-made by special order at the customer’s request is non-refundable.
- The lawful cancellation allows the company to charge the customer a cancellation fee at a rate not exceeding 5% of the product price or USD 30$, whichever is the lesser of the two.
- Cancellation due to a defect or discrepancy in the product will not be charged such a cancellation fee.
- A product shall only be returned in the original packaging the merchandise was delivered to the customer and unopened. It will not be possible to return a product and receive a refund for it if its packaging has been opened unless there is a product defect or discrepancy.
- Likewise, a product which was picked up at the store and its packaging was opened by the customer cannot be returned, unless a defect is found when inspected upon pick up.
- Returning a product in accordance with the law will not entitle the customer to a refund of the shipping fee, to the extent that the customer was required to bear it when purchasing the product.
- Any cancellation of a transaction will automatically cancel any benefit and/or right and/or gift received by the customer as part and/or because of the transaction, and the customer will repay this benefit immediately upon cancellation of the transaction and/or return of the product.
- in the event of cancellation of such transaction, for any reason, in no case will the customer be entitled to claim damages for the cancellation and her right is exhausted upon receipt of the refund for the money actually paid for the product, excluding shipping fees, as described above. Canceling a transaction due to a defect in the product will also entitle the customer to a refund of the shipping fee, insofar as the customer bears it.
- In the event of cancellation of a transaction of a product already received by the customer and subject to the provisions of the law and these regulations, the customer will be required to return it on her own and/or at her own expense to the place where the product was picked up or to the company’s offices, where the product was sent to the customer by courier unless it was canceled due to a defect, in which case the customer will not bear the cost of restoring the product.